OK, there is a new position opening up in Salt Lake City, Utah for a pilot. At first we were not going to put in for it, but the day before the opening closed we had a change of mind, and yes, Chad applied for the transfer. This is the pro's and con's list the kids and I came up with regarding whether or not to move. A government career board has to meet and they make the final decision on who gets to move, so it could be months until we know. Chad has a very good chance of getting the position. We figure that if we are suppose to go we will get the transfer, if the answer is no, then I guess we will stay in Texas until the kids graduate. It is in the Lords hands now.
Utah pro's
Seminary not early (this is Jordan's and mine)
No birthday parties on Sunday ( the kids miss a lot of parties because they are scheduled on Sunday)
Good kids with good standards
No sport games or meets on Sunday
California vacations are more probable (this is Alex's)
Less driving time. Stores, church, temple, schools closer ( this should count as 3, I just can not do the driving thing anymore)
Mountains ( this is what the kids said)
Faster speed limits (mine, the speed limit on move hwys is 60-65 here)
Good boss for Chad
School day shorter
BYU is close (kids came up with this one, because they want to attend college there)
Other cousins close
Utah Con's
Make new friends
Shaun and Holly's family/ Addy's family / Julie and Steve far
Snow (I do not know what the kids are going to do when winter last longer than a few months)
Texas Pro's
Good friends in Texas
Big house
weather
Texas Cons
No mountains
Football obsession
humid
bugs/ ants
I deleted this one because it was a little to mean to post.
kids do not really like Texas.
Something about Chads work that I should not write.
WOW! It will be interesting to see what happens. It sounds like you guys would be excited about it.
ReplyDeleteThat is quite a list, It looks like Utah wins. I am glad we are on your list in a good way.
ReplyDelete