Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chad the Super Hero

We left Vegas around 4 pm and were planning on traveling all the way home that night, so we could make it to church the next day, Sunday. Well, it was dark and we were driving north on I-15 toward Fillmore. All of a sudden Chad yells "oh, my gosh" I look up in enough time to see a car rolling down the median between the north and south bound lanes. I am not sure how many times it rolled, but it was quite a few. When the car stopped rolling it was actually partially in the south bound lane. Chad pulled our van over and ran over to the car, while I called 911. It was pretty scary for a while not knowing how many were in the car or if anyone had been thrown out or what. There happened to be one man in the car and luckily he was wearing a seat belt, the seat belt saved his life. Chad pulled the man out of the car and got him a safe distance from the smashed up car. We believe he had dozed of while driving then over corrected and lost control of the car. Others stopped to help and within about 15 min emergency vehicles arrived. The man was taken to a hospital in Fillmore then life flighted to Provo. We are not sure of all the injures, but we do know man had several broken bones and a fractured back. This made me think that you never know when life is going to throw you a curve ball, life can change in just a blink of an eye.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Chad!
    I would be too afraid of what I might see to run up and help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how scary! Bet he was glad you guys were around to help!

    ReplyDelete