Friday, August 6, 2010

Cache Valley Triathlon

I have had a goal for over a year now to run in a sprint triathlon. Finally I did it. Swam 500 meters, biked 12.5 miles and ran 3.1 miles. My niece Chelsea and Brother in Law Mark also raced with me. They were my motivation, it was nice to have others racing with you when it is your first race. My goal for the race was not to be last and finish under 2 hrs. I finished 94th out of 112, total time of 1 hr 42 min. I was 70th w/13.14 min for the swim ( this was the area were I preformed the best). 82nd w/32.48 min run and 96th on the bike with a time of 50 min. (this was my worst area, but not to bad considering I do not have a race bike). It was a great experience and I would like to do one more this summer and a full triathlon next year.













4 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! That's been a goal of mine for a while now too. I'm doing one in November. Want to come to Arizona and do it with me??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa you are such a stud! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete