Menagerie - Pronunciation [muh-naj-uh-ree, -nazh-] n. collection of wild animals. a place where they are kept or exhibited; The Sedrick home.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Summer coins
Last week we started our summer coin earning. Each child has a container that holds their coins. They can earn coins for doing extra jobs which I have made up small cards for, examples are: cleaning baseboards, light switches, washing walls, cleaning kitchen cabinets, polishing wood furniture, etc. They can also earn coins in non job ways like reading a book, doing a book report, crossword puzzles, a Faith in God activity, doing a puzzle, memorizing a scripture, etc. They use these coins to buy time on the computer, watching tv, going to a movie or playing video games - 1 coin equals 15 min of time. I can also take coins away when I find their stuff on the floor, when they are rude, do not do jobs when asked, or if they bug me too much. I think this is the 4th year we have done this and so far it works out pretty good. At the end of summer or when we go on vacation they can cash in their coins for cash, one coin is worth 25 cents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that is a great idea! I will have to remember that when my boys are a little older.
ReplyDeleteI am loving this idea. I may have to copy it. So they use up coins for time and for $ ? Thanks for the idea.
ReplyDelete