Monday, April 13, 2009

A Fun Easter Weekend

This weekend we went up to visit Shaun and Holly and their family in Arkansas. We took the kids out of school on Friday and Monday, so our visit could be longer. Saturday Holly and I took some kids to an awesome swimming pool, and Chad and Shaun took others shooting guns. Can you believe that both Holly and I forgot our cameras?! That night we ordered Pizza for the kids, rented them a few movies and the adults went bowling and out to dinner. I showed off my vast bowling ability by scoring below 70 each game. Chad's Dad gets the bowler of the year award, by scoring an even 200 - way to go Gramps!!!! Sunday we went to church, had an egg hunt and a delish dinner. Monday we spent the day driving.
People who find out that We are Mormons, often ask if we believe in Jesus Christ. Well, the answer is yes, He is the center of our faith. We are forever grateful for his suffering, not only on the cross, but also in the garden, when he took upon himself all of our sins. Easter is a special season, just as Christmas is. Easter gives us time to reflex on what a blessing it is to understand how much Jesus Christ and God the Father love and care for us. Easter is a time when I ask myself the question, what am I doing that made Jesus Christ suffer more or less? What steps do I need to take in my life to be a better Christian? What do I need to do to feel his presence daily? Easter truly is a blessed day!

EASTER SUNDAY 2009

READY FOR THE EGG HUNTGET OUT THE DYE, WE ARE READY TO BE CREATIVE

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun easter weekend. I love alex's loooooooooooong hair!!! your kids are getting BIG! Ethan looks so much bigger! probably because he is bigger than last time I saw him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Sedrick! HI!!!

    I am so glad you found my blog. I miss Texas very much. I miss my name tag, and my calling, and my companions, and all the awesome members ESPECIALLY YOU! But, life at home is getting better. I can't believe my first semester back from my mission will be over in 3 weeks. Life is fast and crazy.

    My summer plans aren't solid yet, but when they get there, I'll let you know so we can stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had such a fun time with y'all. Thanks for making the trip.

    ReplyDelete